The Sarsaparilla Root has been used medicinally for centuries. Researchers have proved the Sarsaparilla can help treat these conditions.
- Treating cancer
- Protecting the skin
- Lessening inflammation and pain
- Improving kidney function
Some other benefits according to Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine
- Preventing and treating cancer
- Lowering inflammation
- Increasing sex drive
- Boosting the immune system
- Improving weight loss
- Treating skin problems (such as dermatitis, eczema, and psoriasis)
- Detoxifying the body
- Relieving digestive problems
- Improving kidney health
- Increasing muscle mass from working out
- Treating syphilis
Possible side effects:
Because it's a diuretic and increases urine output, it is best not to take sarsaparilla while you're dehydrated.
Pregnant or Breast Feeding
*There is no data on sarsaparilla’s safety for pregnancy or breastfeeding, so the recommendation is usually to avoid it during these times.